IN THE EYE OF A STORM...... LOVE, FINANCES, FAMILY




Susan Mayer: This is my story

I was just 16 and thought I could do anything but little did I know my whole life will change soon with one little decision. I had a boyfriend, who took my virginity got me pregnant and decided he was not ready to be a father. I found myself alone with no help. I did not have the courage to face my parents or my friends with the news. I was sure I would not have an abortion because I would be killing a life and did not want the guilt on my conscience.


I made a decision to go away from home and have the baby. I moved to a place with no friends or family to help with what I was going through in my life. I decided to start a new life with the little money I had saved in my account but it wasn't easy. I found new friends with the neighbours at the little apartment I stayed, ladies who helped me during my pregnancy and also who were there during my labour.

9 months and 3 weeks later I welcomed my baby boy on the 28th of September. I couldn't believe that I could create such a pure being and I made a vow to be the best I can be for my baby. I want him to know he was never a mistake but a blessing.

I love my son and am prepared to do anything for him, but I was also determined to finish my studies, because I knew it would be important for our future if I did. Taking care of my son and staying up all night working on school projects was not easy. Not to mention how we had it financially. 2 years later I graduated with first class honours and got a job in an oil firm.


And even though I now work, my salary is unfortunately not that high, so I still struggle sometimes and have a difficult time giving my child all he would need. I never buy myself anything. If I ever buy anything it is for my son. Sometimes I was depressed and frustrated and felt like my life was over until my son said:


'Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be just like you. You are the best mummy ever!'


And so it was, one day, whilst I was searching for info on how to make your own website online, that I found a really good web host that is also a small business solution. So now, apart from my regular job, I have been building my own websites in the evenings for about a year and a half, and have started to earn money from them. Not so much yet, but the money is starting to come in - slowly but surely. This has really given me a lot of hope.


"It's not always about what happened to you, it’s about what you choose to do with it"

Yours Truly

Joey D damsel

5 comments:

  1. Touching story. No matter what happens to us, it's always good to remember where we came from and where we are heading to. Having regrets on our mistakes will only weigh us down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get the lemonades out of the lemons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When life throws you Lemons, you make Lmonades

      Delete
  3. Wow...it's all about you perception of life...Very emotional story...
    Life is never always as smooth as we desire it.

    ReplyDelete

POPULAR POST